Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Selection By Kiera Cass
Transcript of The Selection By Kiera Cass
At the start of the book America is chosen to compete in the Selection along with 35 other girls from different castes, the Selection was created so the prince can control the attack of the rebels. The winner will be a One and will marry Prince Maxon. America did not want to compete but decided to because that way she could support her family with the money. In the first book there isn't just one conflict but many. Some of them being the Rebels attacking, The Competition, and America’s love for Aspen and her growing likeness of Maxon. Maxon is falling in love with America the longer she stays in the competition, yet America’s indecisiveness won't let her choose. America is forced to choose between Aspen or Maxon. In the end she tells both to wait, but at the same time she is starting to like Maxon more than her childhood love, Aspen.
I would personally recommend this book because it's not something you see in most of the Fiction books.. America has characteristics that most people have in reality and the struggles she has are common in many of us. The Selection is one of the books that I have personally enjoyed a lot. It is very similar to the Hunger Games, because American also struggles to support for her family and shes considered a Heroine in the Selection. You will fall in love with the characters easily because their background stories are very intriguing. I finished the trilogy in less than a week, because I was so hooked.
America Singer- 16 years old, her caste level is a Four. Her skills include artistic and musical skills. America has red hair and blue eyes, her skin is pale and has freckles adorning her face, she is thin and tall but not too tall. She has a strong will, is courageous, and kind. She can be very rebellious at times.
Aspen Leger- Aspen has dark hair and green eyes, he is tall and thin but not too thin, 16 years old. Aspen’s caste is a Six which is for servants, he was educated mostly for indoor work. Aspen is loving and caring, he is very ambitious and smart.
Maxon Schreave- 19 years old and is the Prince of Illea. Maxon has short honey-blond hair and chocolate brown eyes, also has a very muscular build. He is very light-hearted, carefree, funny, and chivalrous.
By Nathalie Gonzalez
The Selection By Kiera Cass
Kiera Cass is 33 years old. She is also the #1 New York Times Bestselling Author of "The Selection" trilogy. Today she lives in Virginia with two kids and will soon publish 2 more books to add to The Selection trilogy. She also has a website: http://www.kieracass.com
1. What inspired you to write The Selection? Cinderella never asked for a prince. She asked for a night off and a dress. We assume that she lived happily ever after because she got a man, but what if that wasn’t the case? What if this was way more than she was prepared to deal with?
Do you like Aspen or Maxon better? She answered I like boys. I can't pick.
3. Any favorite books or Authors? I could never pick just one favorite book. But I do tell everyone that they must read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, so that’s up there. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Harry Potter, The Little Prince… all good.
Maxon do you think you're ready to take over the throne? I can't plan wars if ever one happens. I'm honestly rotten at it. But, I will follow my father's steps and be a great ruler.
America, who do you love most Maxon or Aspen? I can't choose yet I like them both very dearly. Yet Aspen broke my heart but wants me back, but Maxon loves me and I don't believe ill be the Queen the deserves, the one the people deserve.