Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Come to Virginia!!! By Garrett, Ishani, and Alex R.
Transcript of Come to Virginia!!! By Garrett, Ishani, and Alex R.
Come to Virginia
The virginia colony is the very first of all the original 13 colonies
The Anglican Church was the official church of Virginia
Interesting facts about Virginia
1. the virginia colony was founded at jamestown in 1607.
2. the virginia colony was also the first colony to export tobacco.
3. in 1624 virgina was made a royal colony.
4. the virginia colony became a state on june 25 1788
5. slavery was finally abolished in virginia in 1865, at the end of the american civil war.
The vIRGINIANS DID NOT LIKE ANY BODY WHO WAS NON-CHRISTIANS.
tHE CHURCH WAS SUPPORTED BY TAX DOLLARS.
They grow tobacco to export it to England - 100,000 pounds
THE MINERALS WERE SHAPED INTO JEWELRY, AND THE PLANTS WERE turned into perfumes, and the caviar and silk were sold throughout markets in europe.
They traded crops for things they didn't have
Pounds - The definition of pounds we're using is the currency in England.
THE VIRGINIA COLONY'S NAME WAS CHOSEN IN HONOR OF Queen ELIZABETH I, WHO WAS ALSo OFTEN REFERRED TO As THE VIRGIN QUEEN.
It was one of the southern states.
There were hot summers and mild winters.
PLENTY OF RAIN AND GOOD SOIL MADE Virginia a great place to farm.
the north had mountains, streams, and rivers.
they had textile meals because of water.
There are mountains in the west.
Founder of the Virginia colony
The founder of Virginia is: Captain John Smith.
it was found in 1607
john smith was an english soldier, explorer, and author
he was an admiral of new england
Why should you come here?
We earn plenty of money!
We have buitiful land and a lot of good water!
the kids have fun by playing board games, danced, sang, and they would even sew a little!
We are a royal colony and have a bunch of snow to play in
You could even go to visit a beach
WE hope you come here!