Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Song Analysis Essay
Transcript of Song Analysis Essay
* What is the central theme or message?
* What is the specific style?
* Instrumentation? Feeling/Tone * What literary devices are used?
* How does their use affect the meaning of the song?
Example: Consonance is the repetition of consonant sounds. It can make a line of poetry sound harsh. A songwriter might use it in a lyric to communicate frustration over a recent break up, Literary Devices * What is the historical, political, social context of the song?
* Music is often reflective of life experiences, so look at the world events and prevailing attitudes of the time period Context Album * Does the way the singer portray themselves affect how you feel about the song?
* Would you feel the same way about the song if someone else sang it?
* How would someone of a different demographic hear the song differently?
Target Market/Values * Your conclusions about the song, based on your observations, will be the thesis to your essay
* Draft your paper using regular conventions of essay writing
* State your thesis and briefly outline your main arguments in the introduction
* Devote the body of your essay to expanding your supporting points
* Restate your argument and summarize what your paper discussed in the conclusion
* EDIT YOUR PAPER!!!!!!
* HAVE SOMEONE ELSE READ IT AND PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
Things to Remember * Look at the song within the context of the album; does the album have a theme, and how does the song contribute to its overall feel?
* Look at the order of the tunes-did the artist choose a deliberate progression of songs to convey a message