Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Song Analysis Essay
Transcript of Song Analysis Essay
* What is the central theme or message?
* What is the specific style?
* Instrumentation? Feeling/Tone * What literary devices are used?
* How does their use affect the meaning of the song?
Example: Consonance is the repetition of consonant sounds. It can make a line of poetry sound harsh. A songwriter might use it in a lyric to communicate frustration over a recent break up, Literary Devices * What is the historical, political, social context of the song?
* Music is often reflective of life experiences, so look at the world events and prevailing attitudes of the time period Context Album * Does the way the singer portray themselves affect how you feel about the song?
* Would you feel the same way about the song if someone else sang it?
* How would someone of a different demographic hear the song differently?
Target Market/Values * Your conclusions about the song, based on your observations, will be the thesis to your essay
* Draft your paper using regular conventions of essay writing
* State your thesis and briefly outline your main arguments in the introduction
* Devote the body of your essay to expanding your supporting points
* Restate your argument and summarize what your paper discussed in the conclusion
* EDIT YOUR PAPER!!!!!!
* HAVE SOMEONE ELSE READ IT AND PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
Things to Remember * Look at the song within the context of the album; does the album have a theme, and how does the song contribute to its overall feel?
* Look at the order of the tunes-did the artist choose a deliberate progression of songs to convey a message