Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Relative Clauses
What is a relative clause?
-a clause that modifies a noun
The car hit the man who was walking down the street.
...'who was walking down the street' is the relatve clause.
What are some relative pronouns that we
we can use to start relative clauses?
who, that, which , where, & whose
Here are some examples:
Ralph is a man who likes to go swimming.
I want to go to the house that is haunted.
That student, whose mother is crazy, will fail the class.
Family Mart, which is a great place to buy a
snack, is located next to the gas station.
Now, you try to make a relative clause using who, that,
which, whose, & where!
Below you will find a chart, found on The Owl at Purdue, that
breaks down the relative pronouns and their respective functions.
I work at Yonsei University, where there are 6,000 students.