Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Beatles
, the first drummer of the band
Top Ten Club, Hamburg 1961
So now they were 5...
were introduced by a mutual friend in 1957, at a local church festival where Lennon’s band, the Quarry Men, played.
, a schoolmate of Paul’s, joined the Quarry Men seven months later
a friend of John’s from art college, became their bass player in early 1960
Needing a full-time drummer for their upcoming residency in Hamburg, Germany, the band hired
, whose mother, Mona, ran the Casbah, a coffee shop/club located in the basement of her home.
In February 1961, they played the Cavern Club, a jazz club in the heart of Liverpool, for the first time. Over the next two-and-a-half years, they would play nearly 300 concerts at the Cavern, at both lunchtime and evening sessions.
They had an audition with Decca Records but they were rejected because
“guitar groups are on the way out.”
Sutcliffe wanted to stay in Hamburg to study art and he fell in love there with Astrid Kirchherr
The 5th Beatle,
The lost Beatle.
Sadly, Stu (aged 21) died of a brain hemorrhage in 1962.
and replaced him with