Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Breaking Down Monologues: A Step by Step Guide
Transcript of Breaking Down Monologues: A Step by Step Guide
Monologues The Monologue Step 1: Identify Step 2: Break into "beats" Step 3: Blocking and Objective Write in Director Notes: Blocking is when an
actor moves on the stage Objective is what a character
in a scene is "fighting" for Inflection is how an actor delivers
their lines through the use of breath
and vocal qualities An "Action" or sometimes called "tactic"
is how a character intends to get their
objective It is important to understand
the text; understanding the text
will reveal your character's objective within a scene A "beat" is the smallest unit of action in a play or scene