Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Minneapolis 1-35W Bridge Collapse
Transcript of Minneapolis 1-35W Bridge Collapse
Intended Positive Impacts
The Minneapolis bridge was used for cars to be able to cross it. It would solve the problem of having to drive in the Mississippi River. Instead the cars would drive on the bridge.
Unintended Negative Impacts
The topic I chose to focus on was the Minneapolis I-35W Bridge collapse. It was when a bridge over the Mississippi River collapsed. It was used for cars and other transportation devices so they could cross the bridge to get to the other side. The bridge collapsed on August 1. The bridge was built in 1967.
The Minneapolis bridge collapsed on August 1, 2007 at 6:05 PM. The bridge collapsed because there was a failure in the deck truss. Th accident killed 13 people and injured 145 people. There were 111 cars on the bridge when it collapsed.
Video of Bridge Collapsing