Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teaching Kids How to Sing
Transcript of Teaching Kids How to Sing
By Eva Sabiniano
- Teach kids ages 5-12 years old how to sing
- Prepare the kids for their recital on Dec. 22, 2013
- Teach an hour for two to three times per week
I chose this project because...
- I love kids
- I love to sing
-Help me decide to pursue to be a vocal coach
-Help improve each kid's full potential in singing
-Prepare the kids for their recital on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013
-Decide if I would like to be a vocal coach in th near future
Steps of Project & How It Was Accomplished:
One of my students!
Bianca & I
- Finding a mentor
- Gathering kids who want to learn how to sing
- Informing parents
- Knowing where the event will take place
-Preparing the kids for the recital
-Kids' evaluation forms
- There were no difficulties.
Sharon Reyes and I
1) MY MENTOR! :)
- Always plan ahead
- I learned that when you put in the effort and time, you will succeed in everything you do.
No, nothing really disappointed me. Every part of my project went smoothly.
Examples of what I teach the kids:
-Vocal warm up exercises
-Had a passion to sing
-Started singing when I was two years old
Description Of Project:
2) Inform kids at the Charisma Christian Center who want to learn how to sing & parents
3) Contacted each kids' parent/guardian through the phone & scheduled a date & time for their child to have vocal lessons with me.
- My Mentor, Ms. Sharon Reyes
- LHS Choral Music Teacher, Mr. Rick Weatherby
- "The Everything Singing Book" by Bettina Sheppard
-"Set Your Voice Free" by Roger Love & Donna Frazier
- Gathered all the kids to practice songs for the recital
-"Silent Night" & "We Wish You A Merry Christmas"
7) Kids evaluate me as their vocal coach
How Skills Are Useful Now & Future
- Learn techniques of singing
- Teaching kids
- Vocal coaching
- Interviews for jobs in the future
- More straight up answer
- Gain more knowledge about singing, teaching, etc.
Skills That I've Learned
Senior Project Changed?
No, nothing changed
Working Habits Developed
- Communicating better with children
- Time Management
-New singing techniques
What I Learned
1) Mentor, Ms. Sharon Reyes
2) LHS Choral Teacher, Mr. Rick
3) Research (Books/Websites)
Mental & physical preparations
Mentor & Her Qualifications
- Great feedback from parents and my mentor.
Learned many new things about singing from my mentor & researching.
Loved working with the kids!
Attitude Towards My Senior Project
- Wasn't sure if I would want to become a vocal coach
-Throughout the beginning and end of project, I appreciate the experience
-Enjoyed my project
Who Assisted With My Project?
1) My mentor, Ms. Sharon Reyes
Gave advice in teaching & more singing techniques
2) Kids & their parents
Project wouldn't be possible without their participation
3) Choir Teacher, Mr. Weatherby
2) Inform kids who want to learn how to sing & their parent/guardian
3) Schedule times & dates for voice lessons
4) Document & make a video that shows the process of developing students to improve in singing
1) Find a mentor
5) Research techniques in singing
6) Prepare the kids' for recital
7)Kids' reflection & evaluation forms