Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Yr 7 Geography: Global Change Part 2
Transcript of Yr 7 Geography: Global Change Part 2
PART 2: GLOBAL INEQUALITIES
Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
Open your GeoActive Textbook App
After you have read Chapter 10.1 Poverty & Wealth (p220) complete the following exercise on your P.E.D:
Complete Activities, Q1-5.
Students learnt about extremes of poverty and wealth
Students learn to identify global patterns of poverty & wealth
Students learn about variations in the access of people to essential aspects of life including education, food, health, shelter and water.
Students learn to describe global variations in the access of people to a range of essential aspects of life.
Students learn about variations in the distribution, access and use of natural resources:
- use of natural resources
- sustainability of natural resources
Students learn to identify global patterns of resource use
Students learn to explain the link between resource use and sustainability
Students learn about different life opportunities and quality of life throughtout the world
Students learn to describe the methods used by groups to influence the global community
In the world today there is a large gap between the rich (developed) countries and poor (developing) countries. There are enough resources to provide adequate health care, food, safe water, basic education and sanitation for everyone in the world. Variations in access to these resources creates vastly different life opportunities throughout the world.
1. Look for this image on Google images and paste into your document.
2. Include the following label: The Rich and the Poor by Baldinger 2003.
3. View the image again and write your own analysis (what do you think it is about) of the image. (length of response: should be a short paragraph)
After viewing the map above which shows the countries around the world categorised as developed (developed/advanced) and developing (least developed & in transition) complete the following:
download the image from the Yr7 Geography Virtual classroom in Oaklife. The map is available under the Term 4 class work and documents.
Insert into your 'Working Document Exercise Book' on your P.E.D and label it appropriately . Sub-heading for this page should read Extremes of Poverty & Wealth.
Using an online atlas and the colour scheme provided on the map identify 5 developed and 5 developing countries.
Extremes of Poverty & Wealth
HEADING: Resource Distribution
GeoActive 1 Text book
1. Read chapter 10.3 pgs 224-225 'Access to Food'. Copy this heading into your document, the information from GEOfacts p225.
2. Complete Activities Q. 1-7.
Heading: Why is Ecolgical Sustainability Important?
Read Chapter 12.2 (p270-271) from the texbook.
Complete the following:
* Activities Q.1-6