Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How wifi improves your life
Transcript of How wifi improves your life
Life Before The Internet
These are how life was before the internet era:
- Staying in touch with people far away would require posting a letter or by phone calls.
- Banking involved long queues in the local bank.
- You would need a map to plan a journey,
- Party invitations are by papers, or from mouth to mouth conversations.
- Handing out job application letter would require you to come by the office.
The internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion devices worldwide.
When WiFi appeared..
WiFi made it easier in the workplace or home, with laptops or other mobile devices being taken to the nearest ‘hotspot’ where internet could be accessed. Nowadays there aren’t many places (at home, work or in public), where a WiFi connection cannot be accessed.
What is WiFi?
WiFi, is a local area wireless technology that allows an electronic device to exchange data or connect to the internet using 2.4 GHz UHF and 5 GHz SHF radio waves.
How wifi improves your life
Moza Ayudina Larasati
Many devices can use WiFi, such as personal computers, video-game consoles, smartphones, digital cameras, tablet computers and digital audio players. These can connect to a network resource such as the Internet via a wireless network access point.
and so on...
The internet changed the world and revolutionized the way we live. Suddenly the world could be accessed at the touch of a button. Gone were the days when we were waiting for information and doing hours of research at the local library.
WiFi makes a better society?
- Police can already track criminals in an instant via mugshots being sent over a device.
- Informing the public via social media of important warning messages.
- For the city it may improve lifestyles in the form of greater productivity and services, improved planning and development, collaboration in the digital era and economic growth.
- For the citizens it could improve life quality by creating seamless access to the online world.