Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What's Wrong With American Education?
Transcript of What's Wrong With American Education?
"How Does the U.S. Compare to Other Countries in STEM Education?" The Level Playing Field Institute. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2013.
Sanders, Jeff, and Rachel Ticktin. Finding the Root Cause of Student Apathy. Tcnj.edu. The College of New Jersey, n.d. Web. 27 Jan. 2013. <http://pan.intrasun.tcnj.edu/501/projects/Sanders/inquiry%20project.htm>.
"U.S. EDUCATION SPENDING AND PERFORMANCE VS. THE WORLD [INFOGRAPHIC]." USCRossierOnline. The University of Southern California, 8 Feb. 2011. Web. 27 Jan. 2013. Student Apathy
50% say that they are motivated extrinsically
14% say that they are motivated intrinsically (Sanders) Government Funding
U.S. spends $2,000 more per capita than the UK
More than any other country (U.S.) 17th place in general education
9th in science and 10th in math
52nd in STEM Solutions
better utilizing government funds
start STEM younger How do you think we're doing? Why? Society isn't doing itself any favors. 1/3 of Engineering Ph.D.s earned by Americans IN AMERICA. (How) (U.S.)