Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Lord of the Flies
Transcript of The Lord of the Flies
Ralph Main character #2
Jack Main character #3
Simon Main character #4
Piggy Jack and the Savages Original society Both 1. Only hunted
2. Didn't care about getting rescued
3. Held feasts and acted "savagely" toward outsiders
4. Didn't act like a normal boy their age 1. Much more civilized
2. Wanted to get rescued
3. Tried to make basic necessities
4. Hunted and gathered like early man 1. Both had Jack and Ralph at constant odds
2. Jack still hated Piggy
3. Everyone was in the original society
4. Both tried to get more people into their society What rules Norms and behaviors appear to be there How the boys acted and reacted Rules:
1. Ralph is leader
2. Whenever someone has the conch, he is the only person who can talk. Everyone must go to the conch when called.
3. The only time to decide on change is when an assembly is called
4. everyone helps each other
5. No one goes out alone Norms:
1. No one was concerned about the government of their society and their future
2. They only voted for Ralph because he all got them there rather than looking at leadership skills
3. Were easily distracted and the "little uns" did nothing to help the society.
4. Did not think about each other and pursued their own interests Behaviors
1. Everyone in Jack's society acted savage and didn't act like an everyday person
2. No one acted civilized and did mean things to each other
3. Simon was killed because everyone thought that he was the beast since they were all scared
4. Barbaric since Jack wanted to run the island and the only way to do that is to kill Ralph How this relates to the real world Little uns
The little uns symbolize the jobless people today that only make money from welfare. They don't do anything, and have everything handed to them, through hard work o other people. Electing a leader
This symbolizes the real world since they only elected a leader out of necessity and not because they wanted to. The change in characters
This symbolizes how evil is today. Everyone has evil inside of them, and we can only make it less, we can't completely get rid of it. Ralph is the protagonist in the novel representing the need to act civilized in a time of trouble. He and Simon are the only ones who understand that barbarianism exists within all people. Jack is the antagonist of this book. He represents the savagery in all people. He maipulates everyone on the islannd and longs for total power. Simon is the nicest person in the book. He represents the kind of people who help the community for the better. Simon was the only character whose attitude wasn't changed by what society he was in. Piggy, Ralph's assistant, is the smartest, most disliked person on the island. He represents the inteligient side the society, where he makes a sundial to tell time for the society. Differences between "The Savages"
and "The Original Society" The End http://movieclips.com/yhsc-lord-of-the-flies-movie-piggy-is-killed/ http://movieclips.com/s9mJ-lord-of-the-flies-movie-hunt-and-rescue/