Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Layers of the Earth
Transcript of Layers of the Earth
*Crust The Crust *The Earth's crust is like the skin of an apple. It is very thin compared to the other three layers. *The crust makes up 1% of the Earth.
*The crust of the Earth is broken into many pieces called plates. The Mantle *The mantle is the layer below the crust.
*The mantle is the largest layer of the Earth.
*The mantle is divided into two regions: the upper and lower sections. Outer Core *The core of the Earth is like a ball of very hot metals.
*The outer core is liquid.
*The outer core is made up of iron and is very dense. Inner Core *The inner core of the Earth has temperatures and pressures so great that the metals are squeezed together and are not able to move.
*The inner core is a solid. The Earth Bowl
First, everyone will divide up into groups!
The groups need to pick two people to be the materials specialists. Those people will need to get:
*A Plastic baggie which contains graham crackers and sugar.
*A container of strawberry Jell-o
*A Container of black cherry Jell-o
*A containger of lemon Jell-o
*A spoon and a bowl DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE MATERIALS AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED THEM. WAIT UNTIL I EXPLAIN WHAT TO DO! The steps to Making the Layers
1) First you will need the plastic baggie containing the graham crackers and sugar. Break the grahm crackers up with the sugar in the bag.
DO NOT POUND TOO HARD! YOU DON'T WANT THE BAG TO BREAK!
2)After the graham crackers are broken up into crumbs, I will bring you butter to mix in the baggie.
3) Now, take the graham crackers out and press the mixture on the sides of the bowl to form the crust. 4)Now take the black cherry Jell-o and spoon it into the bowl that you have put the crust in. Form it so that there is a pocket in the middle open for the rest.
5) Take the lemon jello and put it in the bowl where you left the pocket, but make sure you leave a hole in the middle for your strawberry jello.
6) Finally, put your strawberry jello in the center. You have now made the Layers of the Earth. *The crust (graham crackers)
*the mantle (black cherry)
*the outer core (lemon)
*the inner core (strawberryh) Review 1) What are the four layers of the Earth?
2) The Earth's crust is very ____?
3) The mantle is the largest layer of the Earth? t/f
4) Is the outer core a liquid or solid?
answers 1) crust, mantle, outer core, inner core