Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Calcium
"The Bone Mineral"
How does calcium react?
What would happen if there was no calcium?
Creation of Calcium
Where can we find Calcium?
Sir Humphrey Davy
lime (CaO) + mercuric oxide (HgO)
24 isotopes with mass numbers from 34 to 57
weakening of the bones due to low bone density
99% in the bones and teeth
others in organs, muscles, blood
about one-third of our body weight is the weight of calcium
softening of the bones in children, softening of the bones with pain
period 4, group 2: Alkaline Earth Metal
boiling point: 839.0 C
melting point: 1484.0 C
3.5% of the Earth's crust
5th most abundant element on crust
calcium + oxygen = calcium oxide
calcium + water = calcium hydroxide + hydrogen
calcium + acids = calcium (acid) + hydrogen
by Jihong Lee