Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of EXPERIMENTAL COOKING
Paella SENSORY QUALITIES OF EMBUTIDO
WITH DIFFERENT LEVELS OF
CHICKEN MEAT AND RICE AS SUBSTITUTE General Objectives
This study is designed to utilize chicken meat and white rice in the production of embutido and to increase the versatility of the product. Sixty (60) panelists were used for the sensory evaluation composed of students.
Sliced samples from different treatments were coded with three-digit numbers and were evaluated by the panelists for general acceptability, aroma, flavor, color and texture using a nine (9) Hedonic Scale score sheet. The results from the sensory evaluation of the different samples of Chicken Paella Embutido were statistically analyzed using the Analysis of Variance or ANOVA. For significant difference, multiple comparisons of mean were established with the Duncan New Multiple Range Test (DNMRT). Specific Objectives:
This study aims to achieve the following:
1. To assess the sensory qualities of embutido made with different level combinations of chicken meat and white rice.
2. To determine the selling price of the product with different level combinations of chicken meat and rice. RAW INGREDIENTS WASHING CUTTING MIXING STEAMING COOLING ROLLING SENSORY EVALUATION STATISTICAL ANALYSIS RESULTS CONCLUSION RECOMMENDATION Based on the findings of the study, all treatments did not show significant difference in terms of their sensory qualities. Indicating that samples with substituted levels of chicken meat and rice gave similar acceptability with the commercial Pork Embutido. Shelf life determination of the product
Nutritative value of the product
Chemical analysis Treatments Color (ns) Aroma (ns) Flavor (ns) Gen. Accpt. (ns) Texture (ns) To T1 T2 6.85 6.95 7.10 7.33 7.48 7.37 7.10 7.45 7.23 7.30 7.35 7.17 7.50 7.63 7.65 T2 T1 To (Add rice) ns = means have no significant difference
To = control, T1 = 50% chicken meat 50% rice, T2 = 75% chicken meat 25% rice
Means are based on a 9-Hedonic Scale: 9-like extremely, 8-like very much, 7-like moderately, 6-like slightly, 5-neither like nor dislike, 4-dislike slightly, 3-dislike moderately, 2-dislike very much, 1-dislike extremely