Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Conditions of Weimar Germany
Transcript of The Conditions of Weimar Germany
Claim Statement: Wiemar's new governments goal was to make sure everyone had equal rights, although there was still discrimination (specifically against jews), it also included a strict educational system, and a liking for the arts.
Claim Statement: Wiemar Germany's new government struggled to keep peace within their community, while trying to conquer the challenges that World War One brought them. They also struggled to form a new democracy system.
- The new democracy gave leaders more power to make a change but also made it possible for leaders to abuse their power. (like Hitler did)
- There were three major politicle partes.
*Nazi's, Who believed that only citizens should be apart of Wiemar, and that the minorities should not have as many rights as everyone else.
* Communist, their general belief was that dictatorship would overall benefit Wiemar.
* Social Democrats, they beleived that the way that the government was running before WW1 and after was great and that's what they should continue to do
Connection Between Social and political conditions.
The way the leaders ran the government had a lot to do with how people treated one another, and what things were okay for citizens to do and not to do. For example, the new government tried to make sure that everyone was treated equally and with respect. Although, that didn't end antisemitism, citizens of Wiemar rights were increased.
Claim Statement: After World War One, Germany tried to find ways to improve there economy, but most failed causing people to rebel against the government and many to become poor or even homeless.
Connection between Economic and Social Conditions
Because the economy was so bad, the people living in Germany were becoming homeless and very poor. This lead to them turning against the government causing issues
Connections between Political to Economic conditions
The failing economy was unquestionably affecting the government. the government had to start borrowing money from America to pay back the war debts. But eventually the U.S. wanted their money back leaving Wiemar Germany with no money to pay for the things that they needed to keep running a government
Art and Science
Minorities and Discrimination
-People's rights increased due to the constitution created by the Wiemar government.
*Even though most people had rights, Jews were still discriminated
-The society of Wiemar Germany was full of minorities, and citizens didn’t always treat them well
- Some people looked for a group of people to blame for Germany's issues, and the Jews became an easy target.
-School was very important, but they had a very strict schooling system and it all had to be fact based.
- Although education was incredibly strict, they tried to shelter students from different topics, and stayed away from any teaching or learning about World War One
- Education was available for all citizens of Weimar
-Before World War One paintings were for beauty
-After the war the majority of paintings were of war and all the hardships they had to go through
-Art was an important part of the citizens in Wiemar Germany, It was a way for the people living there to express their feelings
- Germany was ahead in terms of science, art, technology, literature, and philosophy
-The new government was unsustainable for these reasons
* Treaty of Versailles
*disputes and different views of political parties
*creation of constitution
These all affected the government because no one could agree which caused complications in sustaining peace.
- Anyone twenty or older could vote
*If you were a citizen
- the different political parties all had different views, which made it hard for all of the parties to communicate
- When the democracy was formed, different political parties disagreed with how the government should be run and how it should deal with problems, causing conflict between different parties
Treaty of Versailles
-The treaty of Versailles started a bunch of conflict between the different political parties.
- The treaty was made after World War One to limit Germany's power, so that they could prevent war.
- Although the treaty was meant to keep peace, in the long run it caused more conflict and arguments between different parties.
Wiemar had a lot of important aspects socially, like education, and the arts. Although there was still discrimination towards the minorities.
Wiemar's tried to get through the challenges that came with the war, while trying to keep peace throughout Wiemar.
* The Innflation time period was between the years 1921-1924
* It affected people because they could no longer get the resources that they needed.
* Citizens lost there jobs and some even became homeless
*money no longer had any value
* The economy was thriving.
* Money was less of a concern
* The Government could lower prices, returning them back to normal
* It was like this because America had loaned Germany money.
* Citizens lost there jobs
* They also lost everything they owned
* Similar to the Inflation, people struggled to get all their needs met.
The government was struggling to find a solution to Weimars economic problems leading to homelessness, jobless, and unhappy citizens,
One of the Nazi's goal was to try and abolish this abolish this treaty
Overall, Wiemar had many ups and downs within the country, and they had no solution's to any of the problems they were facing during that time. In the end, many people were left unhappy, and still feeling conflicted.