Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Scams and Schemes
Transcript of Scams and Schemes
What does it mean to scam someone?
a dishonest scheme
to defraud someone
an attempt to trick someone
What is the purpose of a scam?
To give the scammer money
To give the scammer personal information such as
social security numbers
credit cards numbers
The Way out
What is identity theft, and how can you protect yourself
Stealing of personal information
What tricks do people use to carry out a scam?
How do you think identity thieves might try to get your information?
techniques-the activity of defrauding an online account holder of financial information by posing as a legitimate company
Can people get scammed on the Internet?
How do you think identify thieves might get your information?
Phishing-when people send you phony emails, pop ups messages, social media messages, texts, calls or fake links.