Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Second Conditional Usage
Transcript of Second Conditional Usage
second conditional definition
unreal possibility and dream
"We use second conditional to talk about situations or actions in the present or future which are not likely to happen or are imaginary, hypothetical or impossible."
second conditional form
the second conditional structure goes like this
"if / person / past simple action...............person / would(n't)-could(n't)" / normal action / complement
1 If we
in London today, we
would be able
to go to the concert in Hyde Park.
2 If I
millions dollars, I
a lot to charity.
no hungry people in this world, it
a much better place.
4 If everyone
clean water to drink,
there would be
a lot less disease.
5 If I
to China, I
the Great Wall.
6 If I
the President, I
7 If you
in my position, you
8 If I
for a new place to live.
9 If I
back to school and get more qualifications.
Complete the following sentences with the words in brackets
Make the second conditional
1) If I______(be) you, I________(get) a new job.
2) If he_____(be) younger, he_____(travel) more.
3) If we____(not/be) friends, I____(be) angry with you.
4) If I____(have) enough money, I___(buy) a big house.
5) If she___(not/be) always so late, she___(be) promoted.
6) If we___(win) the lottery, we____(travel) the world.
7) If you_____(have) a better job, we____(be) able to buy a new car.
8) If I____(speak) perfect English, I____(have) a good job.
9) If we_____(live) in Mexico, I____(speak) Spanish.
10) If she_____(pass) the exam, she____(be) able to enter university.
IF I COULD FLY....