Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A kingdom worldview
Transcript of A kingdom worldview
A whole lot of people have done a whole lot of thinking about the same questions but came up with very different answers...
What is a worldview?
Jesus among other gods... Is He who He says He is?
Is the Bible trustworthy? Is it really God's Word? How can we be sure?
A kingdom worldview
Atheism / Agnosticism
In the beginning = time (past, present, future)
God created = energy
the heavens = space (length, width, height)
and the earth = matter (solid, fluid, gas)
But there is more... Even if space, time, matter and energy somehow came into being, there are huge, unsolvable problems to answer...
The belief in a personal God that created the world and holds it in His hand.
Pantheism + Deism
Buddhism / Hinduism /...
Was the universe always there?
Infinity is impossible. Nothing is infinite...
Beginning (Einstein: E=mc2)
Expansion of the universe (redshift)
We're running out of energy... (entropy)
Is God in everything? Moral consequences...
Question of evil?
Death? Free will? Illusion?
Where do we come from? Origin
Who are we? Identity
Why are we here? Destiny
Where are we going? Future
- Everyone gets confronted with these questions sooner or later...
- The way you answer these questions, determines how you view every little aspect of your life... It is the absolute foundation of philosophy!
- There are many answers to these questions, but only one can be true because they all contradict each other...
The answer you give to these 4 questions:
An atheist must have an explanation how these 4 things came into being instantaneously. Which is why they reach out to science for answers.
Big Bang theory falls (very) short of doing this...
Challenge: Explain the first 10 words of the Bible without God...
The atheist worldview is based on a big explosion.
The Christian worldview is based on a God who reveals Himself as:
Creator (=laws of nature, design)
Person (=abstraction, emotion, consciousness,... LIFE!)
Consequences of worldview:
The atheist has to borrow our worldview to...
- to do science => because he has no reason to expect order, logic or laws of nature
- to use language => because he has no reason to expect information.
- to feel feelings => because he has no reason to expect consciousness and abstraction
- to interpret good and evil => because he has no reason to expect a conscience in an amoral, material world.
He uses the Christian worldview in order to attack the Christian worldview...
It's like trying to argue over the existence of 'air' while breathing...
=> He needs God to say that God doesn't exist, so the fact that he is able
to make his argument proves he's wrong.
It's the only worldview that makes sense after eliminating all the other options.
Atheism = "There is no God"
Deism = "God is impersonal"
Pantheism = "God is in everything"
Polytheism = "There are many Gods"
Theism = "There is one personal God"
Agnosticism = "We'll never know"
"There is no God"
"I am not accountable to anyone for any choice I make"