Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is a Sentence?
Transcript of What is a Sentence?
We are now ready for a...
The pistol bangs loudly in the starter's hand to start the race.
The young swimmers arrive well ahead of race time.
An excited crowd gathers in the bleachers.
Let's simplify these sentences...
What is the
What is the
of any sentence
It is a sentence if it answers these
1. Who or what did something?
Does it have a subject and a verb?
What did you do?
What is a sentence?
1. Identify the subject and verb of your group's sentence. Underline the subject and put explosion marks around the verb.
2. Assign roles: a reader, a subject, a verb.
3. Get ready to present to the rest of the class.
How did you know that was a sentence?
What makes a sentence a sentence?
2. What did they do?