Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sign Language Continuum
Transcript of Sign Language Continuum
Show every word
Show each prefix and suffix
Cannot exist separately from English/it is not a language in and of itself
One sign for one word
SEE (seeing essential english), LVE (lingusitics of visual english), SEEII (signing exact english)
Established for teaching Deaf people English
Pidgin Signed English
Two separate, unrelated languages are mixed together
ASL signs in English word order
Mouthing English words
Person signing is not considered fluent in either language used
American Sign Language
Complex grammar and syntax
Separate signs for each concept
wide variety of sign choices among people
valuable skill to know and understand the languages and circumstances where each may be used
The Sign Language Continuum
Which to Choose?