Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Picture of Dorian Gray - Feminist Lens
Transcript of Picture of Dorian Gray - Feminist Lens
- Lord Henry Example: Lord Henry is degrading women, saying they have no real intelligence and are only there to look pretty. This is a negative view of the feminist lens because it belittles and insults the female sex. Positive "And her voice - I never heard such a voice. It was very low at first, with deep mellow notes, that seemed to fall singly upon one's ear. Then it became a little louder, and sounded like a flute or a distant hautbois" (57).
- Dorian Gray Example: In this quote, it is shown that Sibyl, due to her voice, surpasses the mediocrity of man. This is a positive view of the feminist lens because it lifts the female form above that of the man.