Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Transcript of Main Idea and Supporting Details
A. Supporting Details
B. Supporting Details
C. Supporting Details
D. Supporting Details Define Main Idea... First,
Start by using your text features! How Do You Find the Main Idea? When searching for the main idea...
the first sentence
the last sentence of the paragraph Read the first Sentence in the article Look at the research paper....
what text features do you see? EXACTLY! The research question is in italics If the title of the research paper is considered a text feature
And text features are used to help the reader understand the main idea of text
What is the main idea of this text? (referring to the research article) Now that the we
what the the
topic of the paper is....
let's see how
breaks it down The 1st sentence:
introduces the reader to what the author will be talking about in their paragraph The last sentence:
is the final point the author wants to make to the reader about the topic Outlines Main IDeas of the research paper (answers)
1. Telephone invention helps suppliers meet the demands for their product
2. Cash register leads to correct information
3. Type writer helps improve legibility and speed SUpporting deTAILS
tHESE ARE VERY important. They are the sentences that help explain or elaborate on the main idea.
They are the why and how
Please find me some supporting details in the first paragraph
Refer to your main ideas before you raise your hand! tHE main idea of the paragraphs were not the inventors, but their inventions
how the inventions impacted business in the late 19th century If you are ever confused on the main idea...
go through the paragraph sentence by sentence.
Figure out what each individual sentence is saying
draw a conclusion on what the main idea is