Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Literary Genres
Biography- An account of somebody's life written by somebody else.
3 characteristics of a biography are:
1. Written by someone about somebody else.
2. Should be authentic and honest.
3. Mainly non-fiction, but fiction can also be used to show the person's life.
An Autobiography is a self-authored story of a person.
Definition: Literary genre that is intended for
teaching and related informational purposes
primarily intended to educate rather than entertain.
1.It is real/true
2.Can teach you how to do things
3.Provides information to the reader
Mystery is a puzzling event or situation that is difficult to understand or explain.Ths is often includes strangeness, secrets or puzzling.
Definition: The written or spoken art that expresses your thoughts, feelings and ideas through style and rhythm.
4 characteristics of poetry are:
1. Rhyme...some types of poems use rhyming words to create a certain effect.
2. Rhythm...some poems use repetition to create a beat to their poem.
3. Shape...some poems are noticeably just reading it based on the way it looks.
4. Mood...the mood of a poem is the feeling that it has.
Definition- includes stories that are written to portray a time period or express information about a specific time period or a historical event.
Setting- takes place back in a period of time in history and takes place in a real place in history
Characters- may be fictional. some may be real. fictional characters are based on real people in history.
Problem- main characters are involved in a conflict based on a real conflict for that time period
Definition: Stories that include characters and situationsthat could really happen, but yet the story is made up by the author.
1: Takes place in the present
2: Could happen in the present
3: Talks about friendship, growing up, and being in a family
Science fiction is a genre of fiction in which the stories often are about science and technology of the future or involves aliens.
The characteristics are:
in the future
on a different world
in a different universe or dimension
You can tell if it is a mystery by:
- A detective
Definition: Is a genre of fiction, which can not happen in real life.
1.Fantasy includes magic, supernatural events, and mythical creatures.
2.It can take place any time (past, present, future, or in no time), or any place (a different world, magical land, or different dimensions).
3.Fantasy often includes talking animals or objects.
Mr. Lukas recommends...