Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Media's changing
Amber Case : We are all cyborgs right now
The development of Mass media Industries
Life cycle contains 5 stages :
3 dimensions :
- The evolution of the media
- How people use it
- Economic dimension
Friday, February 24, 2017
Vol XCIII, No. 311
From NPR news
The tricky Business of predicting where media will go next
t : The place of the media in our society, with the news technologies.
First interviewer: Speak about convergence of the newspaper today and not about the « place ».
Newspapers has to make some innovations to keep their audience. Example :
- 2005 : Huffington post made the notion of aggregation = Collect of stories and links and they put it one the webpage of the journal. Goal : Bringing together the best from the web. Now, all of the news paper use it.
- John Steinberdg, president of Buzzfeed explain that the goal of his website is that all of the article has to be shared.
General idea : the media of yesterday change, and it's normal. Time change as well, media change with the time.
General idea : Technology is a big part of our society.
Media and us change for it.
- Who use phone, computer, tablet (technologies) when he/she whakes up ?
- Who use phone, computer, tablet (technologies) when he/she's going to sleep ?
- Do news technologies make us more humans ?
Media, people and industries changing
Amber Case :
Studied the symbiotic interaction between humans and machines.
- Speaks about a new anthropologie : cyborgs anthropology.
- « Mary Poppins technology »
- Time and space compressed
- Main idea : New technologies allow us to become more human, because we're connected with each other.
- New form of human connexion.
The "Mary Poppins technology"