Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Problem Management
Problem Management 101
“The unknown, underlying cause of one or more incidents.”
What is a Problem?
The aim of Incident Management is to restore service as quickly as possible, often using a workaround.
Incidents vs Problems
Re-Active Problem Management is the investigation into the Root Cause of an Incident
Reactive vs Proactive
Pain Value Analysis
The 5 Why's
Problem Analysis Techniques
Roles & Responsibilities
Value to the Business
Define the Problem
Describe the Problem
Establish possible causes
Test the most probable cause
Verify the true cause
So, an incident is where an error occurs or something doesn't work the way it's expected to, and is managed by the Service Desk.
A Problem can be
- the occurrence of the same incident many times
- an incident that impacts many users
- the result of event management/diagnostics revealing systems are not operating in the expected way
So - a Problem can exist without anybody immediately noticing!
Pro-Active Problem Management is identifying an issue and resolving it before it causes an incident.
" A fault in a Configuration Item (CI) identified by the successful diagnosis of a Problem and for which a temporary work-around or a permanent solution has been identified."
Some problems can remain as known errors permanently, as the ease of the fix and frequency this is required can often out-weigh the impact and cost of a full fix.
Problem Management aim to find a permanent solution