Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Assonance
Assonance is the repetition of vowel sounds in non-rhyming words.
Why do authors use assonance in their writings and poems?
Assonance is frequently used to give a sense of continuity and fluidity to a verse in a poem. Assonance is especially effective when rhyme is absent.
These are some examples of assonance in songs.
Which of these is an example of assonance?
1. A skunk sat on a stump
2.Try to light the fire
3. He struck a streak of bad luck
4. Cows can't cry
What is assonance?
Assonance is different than alliteration and consonance.
Assonance is NOT...
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. (Alliteration)
blank and think or strong and string (Consonance)
The setting sun was licking the hard bright machine like some great invisible beast on its knees.