Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Meet Malawi
Malawi was a former British colony that achieved independence in 1964
Malawi is one of the poorest countries in
GDP per capita: $780
Life Expectancy: 55 years
Literacy Rate: 61%
With a partner read Sephora's story
Answer the following questions
1. What are the conditions in the school like?
2. What does the story tell us about food in Malawi?
3. What are the conditions like at home for Sephora? Give specific examples
4. Why is Sephora worried about her future?
5.What are some indicators (things that tell us) that Malawi is a poor country?
What do we imagine the roles of women are in Malawi?
Meet Malawi 4.4
Nearly 90% of people work in the primary work sector
Malawi exports tobacco, sugar, tea and cotton
Has few natural resources
Why is having natural resources important for a country?
GDP per capita: $38,500
Life Expectancy: 81 years
Literacy Rate: 99%
What does this tell us about Malawi's development?
What conditions would we expect to find in Malawi?