Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ethnomethodology
no meeting halfway
Western Michigan University
When I speak in Japanese with Japanese people, they always respond in English
It is as if they want a free lesson in English
Their required politeness requires
them to accommodate me
They think my Japanese is so poor they couldn't possibly reply back in return
Americans demand that all people speak English
In reality, Japanese people are just trying to appease me
expecting free lessons
assuming poor Japanese
appeasing polite culture