Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cowbird/Bison: Commensalism
So what type of relationship is this?
This symbiotic relationship is known as
commensalism,one organism benefits while the other could care less.
What would happen if one of the buddies weren't there?
Due to the relationship,the effects vary on which species was absent.
What advantages and disadvantages do they provide one another?
Cowbirds eat insects that the bison disturb as they feed on grasslands.
What about the bison?
The bison are neither helped nor harmed. They just keep going on and eat grass.
If the Bison were not there....
The cowbirds would be harmed as they would have a more difficult time getting food.
If the Cowbirds were not there...
The bison doesn't care. The cowbirds never helped or harmed them at all.
Why do they live together?
Cowbirds evolved to travel alongside bison herds as they moved through prairies and meadows.