Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Down Syndrome
Signs & Symptoms
A genetic disorder caused by abnormal cell division which results in extra genetic material from chromosome 21.
Occurs at random events during the formation of reproductive cells
Happens due to nondisjunction (error in cell division)
15-30% of women with trisomy 21 are fertile and have a 50% risk of having a child with down syndrome
Special Education Programs
% increased risk of having another child with Down syndrome.
-Displacement of tongue, slanted eyes
-Lower muscle tone
-Sometimes associated with Leukemia and Alzheimers
-Increased risk of health problems
1 in every 691 babies in the US are born with Down syndrome.
Makes Down syndrome the most common genetic condition.
Average IQ is 50, equal to 8 year old child
Average Female Height: 4 ft 8 in
Average man height: 5 ft 1 in