Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of child labour
did you know?
- Globally, 1 in 6 children work
- 218 million children are involved in child labour world wide
-126 million children work in hazardous conditions
-The highest numbers of child labourers are in the Asia/Pacific region,
-The highest proportion of child labourers is in Sub Saharan Africa,
how it started?
-definition: the employment of children ,especially when illegal or considered exploitative
- started with the industrial revolution in the 1800s.
- the numbers of child laborer emaciated.
- workers from farms and home workshops move into urban areas and factory.
-mines, glass factories, textiles, agriculture, canneries, home industries, and as newsboys, messengers, bootblacks, and peddlers
- During the 19th century the situation of children started to improve
solutions to child labour?
- Eliminate Poverty
- Enforce Labour Laws
- Abolish Child Trafficking
- Promote Fair Trade
- Replace Child Workers by Adult Workers
statistics in 2012
- 250 million children aged 5-14 in child labour in Asia
- 80 million cases in Africa
- 17 million cases in latin america
- estimated that roughly 90 per cent of children involved in domestic labour are girls
- poverty .
- Adults earn so little
- Schools are far away, expensive
- In Africa, many children become orphans
- their size allowed them to move in small spaces in factories or mines
-easier to manage and control
-children could be paid less than adults.
child labour in Malaysia?
Child labour distribution by branch of economic activity, 5-17 years old
can you imagine?
thank you :)
- child labour in Malaysia isn’t so rampant
- Work on agricultural estates or in small factories.
- Government officials do not deny the existence of child labour but maintain that foreign workers have largely replaced child labourers