Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of long's volcano
What is a volcano?
A volcano is an active opening, that erupts when there's an underground activity.
A volcano has a crater where magma comes out from the crater vent. There are also side pipes/vents which are extra openings where lava comes out from the side from the magma chamber .Overall it's an eruption.
How to does it erupt?
Volcanoes aren't always erupting, there are three types of volcanoes active, dormant and extinct. Active volcanoes frequently erupts, dormant volcanoes are unpredictable volcanoes which no one knows if it will erupt or not and an extinct volcano is sealed or will never erupt.
Did you know that Mt Fuji is a dormant volcano.It was last erupted in the 1700's..
A volcano is an opening that comes out of the surface where hot rocks called magma comes out and turns to lava.
The eruption of depends on the viscosity and the gas pressure. If the viscosity(thickness and stickiness) and the gas pressure are high the explosion or eruption is going to be huge. Did you know that one of the biggest volcano eruptions are in Italy!!!
1. A person that studies a volcano is a vulcanologist
2. The most deadly eruptions have occurred in Indonesia, with tens of thousands of lives lost to starvation, tsunami (as a result of the eruption), ash flows, and mudflows
There are more than 500 active volcanoes in the world. More than half of these volcanoes are part of the "Ring of Fire," a region that encircles the Pacific Ocean.
4.. The sound of an erupting volcano can be quiet and hissing or explosive and booming. The loud cracks travel hundreds of miles and do the most damage, including hearing loss and broken glass.
Lava is different to magma, the difference is magma is the fresher molten rocks or boulders inside of a volcano and lava is cooler and is already out of the volcano