Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Water Conservation: Make it a Game
Transcript of Water Conservation: Make it a Game
UF/IFAS Polk County Extension Service
Teach 50-110 fourth graders about water conservation in less than 20 minutes.
80 Smiling Faces
The amount of the earth's surface covered in water
The amount of the earth's water available for human use
The amount of water on earth that is salt water
If you have a budget of $0.75, can you buy a candy bar for $1.25?
Natural Resources and Conservation
Saving water when possible, not wasting water, and helping others save water
~3,436 students over 14 days
"I loved this station! After attending Agrifest for seven years in a row, the changes made this year were extremely effective"
"The activity was great, but it didn't take the whole time. There could have been some other visual or activity to extend the thinking."
* two teachers filled out the survey who did not attend, ranked the station "N/A" and accounted for 9.1% of the total
I had encouraged them to do that prior to Agrifest, but it really made them think and realize they should conserve.
Split students into
Each group has a
gallon water budget
Adult leader helps group work deck of cards
"Use cards" use water
"Conservation cards" save water
Variations exist to "end" game
~10,200 students over 3 Agri-Fests
How to Play:
You needed to use the bathroom, flush the toilet and use 3 gallons of water.
You turned the water off when you brushed your teeth! You saved 2 gallons of water.
Used Water Pile
Water Budget Pile
Don't bust the budget!