Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
February 6th, 2017
Transcript of February 6th, 2017
M: In your seat
V: Level of 0
P: On your Do Now sheet answer the following. How did your bridge event go last Friday? Did your bridge break or did it sustain 20 lbs? What were the reasons you think it broke or was able to sustain all the weight.
What did you learn about how the characters changing through the reading?
-We will begin to write a response during tomorrows work period.
-If annotations are not finished review for HW.
She was not alone..
Black History Month: February 2017
Katherine Johnson- Born on August 26th 1918 in White Sulphur Springs West Virginia.
She was selected as 1 of 3 African Americans to attend the graduate school at West Virginia University, she was the only female.
in 1952 she started working for NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.) This was before NASA.
-Major projects she worked on were investigating and analyzing data from plane crashes.
- In 2017 a film called "Hidden Figures" hit the national movie screens and it portrays Katherine Johnson's life and working for NASA.
-They were called the "computers with skirts" the women of NASA were notoriously crunching numbers to help make landings & liftoffs for NASA's spaceships.
- Miriam Daniel Mann was another african american female that worked along Johnson that passed two years before the Apollo landing.
-Read, A Forgotten Story: Black women helped land a man on the moon.
-Annotate throughout the article to answer the question: Write a short passage how a character in this article had changed over time. Use annotations to help answer.