Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pregnancy
gestational diabetes prevents the amount of insulin needed to produced energy and the level of sugar builds up in the mothers blood suger
high blood pressure also known as gestational hypertension can affect the mothers kidneys and blood suppply to the baby
pelvic floor disorder
The effects Disorders * tired/fatigue
* weight gain
* abdominal cramps
* yeast infections
* difficultly sleeping
* stretch marks
*constipation Pregnancy Effects on the body Prenatal Care and Tests Pregnancy occurs when an egg becomes fertilized, by a sperm and attaches itself to lining of a woman’s uterus. It then develops in the placenta and embryo, and eventually becomes a fetus. Pregnancy on average lasts 40 weeks and starts from, the first day of your last menstrual cycle, and separated into three trimesters. In the first trimester liver digestive system, heart starts to beat nervous system spinal cord and brain develop. Kidneys start to function and the four chambers of the heart are fully developed. The second semester the baby is able to hear and urinate, and internal organs start to grow. In the third trimester lungs mature, internal organs are fully developed, grow rapidly and prepare for birth * headaches
* increased urination
* breast tenderness
* high blood pressure
* Difficulty sitting/standing
* morning sickness
* hormonal imbalance
* shortness of breath
* acne * Down syndrome (Trisomy 21)
* Cystic Fibrosis (7)
* Maple syrup urine disease (19)
* Turner syndrome (missing x chromosome) Risks * Caffeine
* Marijuana * Prolapsed uterus
* placenta previa
* Embolism (blood clots)
* Broken bones Risks smoking
alcohol * miscarriage
* Molar pregnancy
* Ectopic pregnancy Risks Molar pregnancy Placenta previa * Obstetrician * check blood type
* Ultrasounds * biophysical profile
* Amniocentesis * KOR-ee-ON-Ink vi-uhss test
* check weight/blood pressure *glucose screening *maternal serum test * a non stress test * Check babies heart beat
*babies movement Reproductive Technologies Embro splitting surrogate mother artifical insemination vitro fertilzation genetic disorders are caused from gene mutations.