Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Energy
*Vocab terms from last unit to remember:
What Form Of Energy Do Our Cells Use?
- Adenosine triphosphate (ATP!)
-Your cell can release energy stored in ATP by breaking one of the phosphate bonds.
How do cells make ATP?
- By adding a phosphate group to ADP!
- ADP or adenosine diphosphate acts like a partially charged battery.
- Your cells can add a phosphate group to ADP to make it ATP.
- Its a cycle!
What Organelle Makes ATP?
*Just like we need energy to perform tasks, our cells need energy to perform their tasks.
-Build new molecules
-Get rid of waste
- Send messages
- Other biological processes
*Energy can change form, but it cannot be created or destroyed
What Do Cell Need Energy For?
How does the Mitochondria Make Energy?