Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Periodisation & Planning Training Programme
Transcript of Periodisation & Planning Training Programme
Reflect on your knowledge of periodisation, SO THAT you know of its benefits & how to plan a programme for a range of athletes
Devise a six month training programme that will develop aerobic capacity. Justify your programme by referring to the theory of
periodisation and the principles of training.
D:\A-LEVEL PE\Past papers markschemes\Jan 10 Paper\Kane.pdf
D:\A-LEVEL PE\Past papers markschemes\Jan 10 Paper\Jan 10 AS & A2 Markscheme.pdf
Read Kane's answer and look at the markscheme after you have seen my marks. Comment using twitter #a2exercisephysiology on strengths/weaknesses.
Explain how a performer might
use periodisation to structure their training programme for one year? 6 marks
Each group post their answer to:
Then for homework see if you can pick out the 6
marks from looking at each others!!
Periodised year divided into macro, meso, micro cycles and training units.
3 distinct periods that make up a periodised year:
i. Preparation period
Prep period: (Phases1 & 2) focussing on devpt fitness & techniques.
Competition Phase: (Phases 3,4,5)
Maintain fitness, taper training & ensure peaking.
Transistion Phase (Phase 6)
Period of active rest & recovery
5 out of 3!!
1. What are the benefits of periodisation?
2. Identify characteristics of a microcycle.
3. Explain how a knowledge of periodisation helps to plan a years training programme to improve aerobic capacity?
Evaluate how the cycles and the phases work together?
Build up our facts
Compare/contrast periodised year for aerobic and anaerobic athlete
As part of Dave Brailsford's Sky team, you have a maximum of 5 mins to prepare your questions around what you know about periodisation and how you have used periodisation to plan out Sky's training programme in preparation for the upcoming Tour de France.This is before you give your press conference
As reporters interested in how Sky have trained and prepared you have 5 minutes to have questions ready to ask Team Sky about their training regime & why they have used periodisation.
1. Name the 3 cycles involved in periodisation.
2. How long is the shortest cycle?
3. Name 2 benefits of periodisation.
4. How can periodisation address the training principle of variation?
5. With a football team what would be the main focus during the preparation phase?
Devise a six month training programme that will develop aerobic capacity. Explain the use of periodisation when planning such a programme and justify your programme by including the principles of training. 20 marks
1. What do you think is good about this training programme?
2. How is periodiosation seen within it? How many key words can you apply?.
3. What would be the changes for a professional soccer team in the UK?