Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Data Driven School Counseling
Transcript of Data Driven School Counseling
School Counselors will provide all students with a program that will lead to excellence in the area of academic achievement, career development and personal/social development, ensuring today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow.
Cheshire Cat: "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else."
How are students different because of the school counseling program?
Creating opportunities for collaboration among counselors, students and community
Providing a potential workforce with necessary career, human relations and decision-making skills
Preparing students to be well rounded and involved citizens
Encouraging parents’ involvement in the learning environment
Providing parents timely, appropriate support and resources
Facilitating a better understanding of the educational process and educational environment for students
Promoting a team effort to provide support and resources for students
Providing increased opportunity for collaboration among teachers, students and counselors
Creating a structured, measurable program within specific school competencies
Providing accountability for outcomes of the school counseling program
Facilitating a better understanding of the role of counselors as well as the overall school counseling program
Management and accountability must be data driven
Counselors must collect quantitative data and communicate results to stakeholders
Data must be used to document how students are impacted by the program
Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across the life span.
Students will complete school with essential academic preparation.
Students will understand the relationship of academics to the world of work and to life at home and in the community.
• Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relationship to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
• Students will employ strategies to achieve future career success and satisfaction.
• Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education and training and the world of work.
• Students will acquire the attitudes, knowledge and interpersonal skills to help them understand and respect self and others.
• Students will make decisions, set goals and take necessary action to achieve goals.
• Students will understand safety and survival skills.
Personal / Social Development
ASCA National Model
The Education Trust