Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Pan troglodytes Mildred Delgado
Period 2 Countries where Chimpanzees live in: Countries Classification Chimpanzees live in Africa Conservation Status Kingdom: Animalia
Species: troglodytes Only about 100,000 to 200,000
They are one of the most threatened
primates in Africa.
Biome Angola Democratic Republic Nigeria
Burkina of Congo Rwanda
Faso Equatorial Guinea Senegal
Burundi Gabon Sierra
Cameroom Ghana Leone
Central Africa Liberia Sudan
Republic Mali Tranzania
Congo Guinea Uganda
Cote d'lovoire Guinea Bissau
Chimpanzees usually live in low altitude forests tropical rainforest. One of these is in Central Equatorial Africa. The climate is warm and humid, it rains about 80 inches of rain a year. Chimps will spend time of both trees and on the ground, but they sleep in trees. Diet They like humans are omnivorous which means that they eat both plants and other small animals. Chimps eat fruits, leaves, bark, and small animals. These include termites and small preys. They use sticks to hunt for other small mammals. Since they are mammals they have fur all on their bodies except for their face, ears, fingers, and toes. They also have functional thumbs like ours. A typical male could weigh anywhere from 132-200 pounds. A female could weigh between 66-190 pounds. As they grow older both sexes grow a white beard. These chimpanzees can live up to be as old as 50 years old. Physical Description Adaptions 1. Chimpanzees usually live in large groups to protect themselves from larger predators.
2. They also have movable thumbs like humans which help them get their food from trees.
3. Often to "communicate" they make loud screaming sounds and make facial expressions. Interesting Fact Like women, female chimpanzees, give birth to their young. They are pregnant for 8.5-9 months. Usually they give birth to one baby, but sometimes they can have twins. Interesting Fact Ham the Chimp, was the first chimpanzee to be launched in outer space. He was born on July 1957. His mission was Mercury-Redstone 2, he was in space for 16 minutes. After the mission he was sent to a zoo and died at the age of 26. His grave is now located in New Mexico Museum of Space History.