Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"How to Succeed in College"
Transcript of "How to Succeed in College"
Display intellectual curiosity and show interest in the subjects you are learning about.
Communicate with instructors.
Successful students exhibit a combination of successful attitudes and behaviors as well as intellectual capacity.
Successful students are:
1. Responsible & Active
2. Have educational goals
3. Ask questions
4. Learn that a student and a professor make a team
5. Take good notes
6. Won't sit in the back
7. Understand that actions affect learning
8. Talk about what they're learning
9. Don't cram for exams
10. Have time management skills
Successful Students can be distinguished from the average student by their attitudes and behaviors. Let's go over the difference between an outstanding student and your average student.
"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
- Dorothy, in Wizard of Oz
The Differences Between High School Culture and College Culture
1) Set goals and establish priorities.
- Make them short and simple
goals that help guide you to
your main goal.
2) Be Organized
- Keep a planner or calendar with
all activities and assignment
- Be sure to check it every
morning before starting your day.
3) Set a study schedule and stick to it.
4) Turn off all distractions! (Cell phone,
television, email, etc.)
5) Plan for interruptions.
Keep Track of your grades and courses needed to complete your major!
Why is time management so important?
One of the most important skills for college students in being able to accomplish their goals depends on their ability to make the most efficient use of their time.
Good time management skills can actually save you time!
How to maintain GOOD STANDING
Utilize college resources
EOPS, SSS, DSPS, CalWORKS
SSSP, Veterans Center, Transfer Center, Tutoring and other great services
Don't wait until the last minute!!
If you need help visit the SSSP
Are you taking the right courses?
Attend every class meeting and be on time
Communicate with your instructors
Display intellectual curiosity and interest in the subject being taught
Be your own advocate
Comprehensive education plan
User ID: G# Password: PIN
Have more job opportunities
Expand your knowledge base
Increase your potential
Why are you here?
IVC Email Account......
Advancement Placement Course