Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Breadtalk
Yoseph Mario Yappy (C3218030)
Phua Guan Ying (C3218524)
Ja Awng (C3173882)
Htoi Ja @ May Shat (C3171222)
1. External Analysis
> General Environment
> Specific Environment
> Turbulence Model
2. Internal Analysis
> Core Competencies
> Internal Weakness
> High intensity and frequency
of product change (New bread
products and flavors)
> Highly dynamic environment
> Founded in 2000
> Listed on SGX in 2003
> CEO – Oh Eng Lock
> Offer wide variety of breads, cakes,
buns & pastries
> Revenue grew 26.31% from 2009 to
> 850 outlets with 7000 workers
> Threat of Substitute shoprite (Food Retail
industry Profile: South Africa, 2014).
> Threat of New Entrants
> Unique concept and branding
> Open concept design
> Creative and fun sounding names
> New types of buns introduced regularly
> Strategic locations
> Accessible to consumer traffic flow areas
> Located near public transport systems
> Increase in bargaining power with its growth
> Bulk purchases of raw ingredients
> Leveraging on its core competencies by
> Expand quickly through franchising
2. Strategic Analysis
3. Strategic directions and strategic objectives
4. Business-level and international strategies
5. Strategic implementation: General Perspective
6. Key Implementation issues
7. Strategic evaluation
Largely rely on Singapore
Unpredictable consumer tastes
Products can be replicated
To establish the company as the foremost international, trend-setting lifestyle bakery brand
: To lead a new lifestyle culture with new, innovative changes and creative differentiation to craft products with passion and vibrancy.
- Enhance long-term value and returns for its shareholders
- Clear division of responsibilities between Board and the executives
- Hold a formal and transparent process for the appointment & reappointment of directors
-Directors must provide adequate and timely information
- Breadtalk has diviersified its activities across cultures
- Managers need to understand these differences to develop products to avoid failure/losses
- Implementing policies and practices that are fair to all employees and in line with their cultures
- Managers must aware of the language differences to manage the global workforce at the company
Ansoff's Product-market matrix
- New products, existing markets
-Using R&D to create new & unique bread design and flavor every 4 months
- Seek to achieve both global efficiency & local responsiveness
-They expand to other countries but offer same products
Strategic Implementation: General perspective
-War in Iraq and SARS outbreak in 2003 which had impact on BreadTalk
Strategic Implementation areas
Failure to protect or use IP
Breadtop copied floss bun trademark.
They have the same material of shopping bags.
File a lawsuit to defend
Not having the right staff skill in China.
Disrupt the business productivity.
By transferring trained Singaporean staffs to China to teach other staffs.
Not enough staffs
Restricted to expand its business.
Train the workers.
Hire more foreign workers and mix with Singaporean to gain culture.
Triple Bottom Line
Earn higher profit compared to last three years.
Donating fund to Red Cross Haiyan
It targets emerging consumer market such as
Owns a high profile bakery brand and franchise
right to Din Tai Fung.
Operates chain of domestic food court.
Currently trading at a trailing twelve
month (TTM) PE of 22.4x.
Triple bottom Line
-Leverage branding and strategic location to create
customer base worldwide.
-Remain highly selective in choosing Franchisees