Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Roald Dahl!
- Only son of a second marriage
- Raised by a single mother
Education - Attended Llandaff Cathedral School until
the age of 9
- Began attending St. Peters Boarding School
at age 9
- Did not continue past primary education Adult Life - Worked as a salesman for Shell
- Signed with the Royal Air at age 23
- Met CS Forester in 1942 Career - Focused on adult novels the first 15 years
- First works were articles in the Saturday
- Began writing children's books because of his
- Several best-sellers
- Died November 23, 1990 at age 74
Works - Matilda
- The BFG
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Matilda Conflict - Her Parents
- The Trunchbull The BFG Theme - Don't judge a book by it's cover
- Anyone can overcome his or her
circumstances Charlie and the Chocolate
Factory Characterization - Charlie Bucket
- Grandpa Joe "I'm big, you're small" (Dahl 40) Works Cited
Dahl, Roald. The BFG. New York: Knopf, 1993. Print.
---. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. New York: Puffin, 1998.
---. Matilda. New York, NY: Puffin, 1998. Print.
Hodgkins, Hope Howell. "White Blossoms and Snozzcumbers:
Alternative Sentimentalities in the Giants of Oscar Wilde
and Roald Dahl." CEA Critic 65.1 (Fall 2002): 41-49. Rpt.
In Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism. Ed. Thomas J.
Schoenberg and Lawrence J. Trudeau. Vol. 173. Detroit:
Gale, 2006. Literature Resource Center. Web. 4 Apr. 2011. Works Cited Cont.
Jaafar, Hannah. "Matilda by Roald Dahl: Literary Analysis"
Bookstove Books, Literature. 7 Mar. 2011. Web. 30 Mar. 2011.
"Roald Dahl Biography." Roald Dahl - The Official Web Site. Roald
Dahl Nominee Limited, n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2011.
Thilk, Chris. "Critical Analysis: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
Factory" Word Press. Automattic, 30 Jan. 2004. Web. 28
Mar. 2011. Charlie and the Chocolate
Factory Characterization Cont. Charlie and the Chocolate
Factory Characterization Cont. - Mike Teevee
- Willy Wonka * lacks definition
* "hope glutton" (Thilk) - Augustus Gloop
- Veruca Salt
- Violet Beauregarde * playfulness within age
*feeds Charlie's imagination * enormous and gluttonous
* disobediant * bratty and demanding
* controlling * obnoxious and compulsive
* defiant * rude
* addicted * extravogant and animated
* light-hearted and sarcastic
* enabling "Me gobbling up human beans! This I never!" (Dahl 28)