Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Energy Efficiency
Mr Stewart's Electric Bill
Cost of Electricity
The average American home spends about $1,000 on electricity alone every year. The average electricity cost in the U.S. is about $0.10 per kilowatt-hour (kWh), so using 1,000 watts of electricity for an hour costs 10 cents.
In this activity you will explore ways that you can use energy sources more efficiently.
Read about Energy Efficiency at this site:
Average Monthly Bill: $249.17
Annual Cost: ?
What is the cost per kWh: ?
$0.14 / kWh
Explain seven (7) ways that you could save your family money on their energy bills. (but do not use the "calculators" yet...)
Use the Appliance Calculator (on the same site as before):
Choose three (3) energy saving options, and calculate the savings.
what is most surprising to you about this 2014 chart?
Design a Lego ground vehicle that is powered by the wind. It must be able to travel the longer length of a classroom table using only your breath.
Now add the Lego weight block (big, red) and redesign (if necessary)
Remember to use the Design Process...
or search for
"Apogee Energy Efficiency"