Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Levels of Ecology
Transcript of 5 Levels of Ecology
A group of ecosystems that have the same climate and similar dominant communities.
5 Levels of Ecology
Contains the combined portions of the planet in which all of life exists, including land, water, and air, or atmosphere.
Levels of Organization
A collection of all the organisms that live in a particular place, together with their nonliving, or physical, environment.
An Interdependent Relationship
Abiotic vs. Biotic
What is Ecology?
The scientific study of interactions among organisms and their environment, or surroundings.
German biologist coined this term for the meaning of economy.
Example: In your house you play a certain role and interaction.
A a group of organisms so similar to one another that they can breed and produce fertile offspring.
Groups of Individuals that belong to the same species and live in the same area.
Assemblages of different populations that live together in a defined area.
What are other examples of organism, population, and community?
What is nonliving in our ecosystem?
The abiotic factors of the environment include light, temperature, and atmospheric gases.
1. Of or having to do with life or living organisms.
2. Produced or caused by living organisms.
Goal: Breakdown each Biome to see what they all consist of!