Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WWE
Pain and Suffering
Tricks of the trade (cont)
Stomping at Impact
Winners and Losers
Lending a Helping Hand
The tricks of the trade
Fireman’s Carry Full Nelson
Beginner moves (cont)
Stone Cold Stunner Walls of Jericho
Advanced Moves (Cont)
Tombstone The People’s Elbow
Advanced Moves (Cont)
Beginner Wrestling Moves
Advanced Wrestling Moves
Tricks of the trade
The Show by Ryan Castro
By Anthony Milone
WWE atracts large amounts of viewers through:
Wrestlers / Actors
Dwayne Johnson "The Rock"
Terry Bollea "Hulk Hogan"
WWE has been apart of American culture for 20 years and consistently attracts
the largest concentration of the 18-34 year old male demographic.
3. John Cena ($35 Million)
4. The Big Show ($30 Million)
Salaries of the Top 5 WWE wrestlers
US Statistics of WWE
1. The Rock ($70 Million)
2. Steve Austin ($45 Million)
5. Triple H ($25 Million)
61% are male
15% are ages 12-17
67% are ages 18-49
41% are males 18-34
29% have a household income of 79K or higher
Demographics of U.S. audience
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND DRUG TESTING POLICY
Herbal and Dietary Supplements
Masking Agents to Avoid Detection
Chett the Jet
Jimmy Wang Yang
Created WWE Universe for fans in 2008
Joined Facebook in 2011
Changed TV rating from TV-14 to PG for more possible exposure
Marketing & Partnerships
WWE teamed up with THQ games and created a video game
Created WWE Studios in 2002, producing movies that star popular wrestlers.
WWE targeted a more adult-aged audience featuring heavy violence, sexual themes, strong language and blood.
Top Faces: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock
Top Heels: The Undertaker, Mr. McMahon
“Attitude Era” 1998-2001
History of WWE
by Antonio Gomez
- Relied on "gimmicks" to appeal to the audience
- First "Wrestlemania" in 1985
- Professional Wrestling became monopolized with WWE as the top wrestling company
Top Faces: Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior
Top Heels: Rowdy Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik, Andre the Giant
“Golden Age” 1984-1992
- WWE reported financial losses
and lost many of its top stars
to rival wrestling company WCW
- WCW dominated WWE in television ratings and as a result, WWE continued to lose profits.
Top Faces: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels
Top Heels: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Yokozuna
“New Generation” 1993-1997
- Considered a legitimate sport up until the 1920s, when Pro Wrestling was identified as “Kayfabe” = staged theatrics
- “Face” = The Good Guy
- “Heels” = The Bad Guy
- "Gimmick" = A wrestler's personality or character
- 1950s: grew in popularity due to television
Professional Wrestling 101
- Changed from TV-14 to PG, producing more family friendly shows.
- July 23rd, 2012: WWE aired its 1,000 consecutive show
Top Faces: John Cena, CM Punk
Top Heels: Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio
World Wrestling Entertainment
World Wrestling Entertainment. (2006, July 23).Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy. In Corporate WWE. Retrieved December 2, 2013, from http://corporate.wwe.com/company/abuse_policy.jsp
WNW. (2013). WWE Suspensions. In Wrestling News World. Retrieved December 2, 2013, from http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe/wwe-suspensions/
Campbell, S. (2012 , October 20). Ranking the 20 wealthiest professional wrestlers. Retrieved from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1378424-ranking-the-20-wealthiest- professional-wrestlers/page/18
Carlson, M. (2010). M&F + WWE. Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness, 71(9), 12.
Horiuchi, Isamu, "Stylizing, Commodifying, and Disciplining Real Bodies: An Examination of WWE Wrestling" (2012). CGU Theses & Dissertations. Paper 55.
Swanson, E. (2009). Wwe in battle to revive earnings. Street & Smith's Sportsbusiness Journal, 12(24), 24-26.
"The Official Site of the WWE Universe | WWE.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
Williamson, A. (2011, March 06). Secrets of professional wrestling. Retrieved from http://www.mademan.com/mm/secrets-professional-wrestling.html
"WWE Studios." WWE Corporate -. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013
by Kathy Nguyen, Antonio Gomez, Ryan Castro, Anthony Milone, Danny Muniz