Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of ATTRIBUTION THEORY
People’s behavior is based on their perception of what reality is, not on reality itself.
The world as it is perceived is the world that is behaviorally important.
What is perception ? Perceiver Target Situation Factors That Influence Perception Our perception and judgment of others are significantly influenced by our assumptions of the other people’s internal states.
When individuals observe behavior, they attempt to determine whether it is internally or externally caused.
Internal causes are under that person’s control.
External causes are not – person forced to act in that way.
Attribution Theory: Judging Others Determination is judged through:
Shows different behaviors in different situations.
Response is the same as others to same situation.
Responds in the same way over time. Frequently Used Shortcuts When Judging Others Projection Halo Effect Stereotyping Selective