Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Magma
Felsic Igneous Rock
Crystals form deep in the earth!
Mafic Igneous Rock
THE ROCK CYCLE
The continual process by which new rock forms from old rock material.
is the break down of rocks which creates sediment.
Three Types of Sedimentary Rock:
Decayed plants and animals
is the transportation/movement of sediment.
is the settling of sediment in low lying land areas or in bodies of water.
Once sediments are deposited,
(compaction/cementaion) can occur. A sedimentary rock is BORN!
When pressure builds up in rock that is buried deep below other rock formations or when large pieces of the Earth's crust COLLIDE with each other!
Occurs when magma is in direct contact with surrounding rock
Rocks can follow various pathways!
Natural causes that break rock: wind, water, and ice
Metamorphic rocks form when pre-existing rocks are subjected to intense heat and pressure