Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to Early Modern England (Tudors)
Transcript of Introduction to Early Modern England (Tudors)
95 Theses nailed to the castle church of Wittenberg's door
31 October 1517
The Early Modern Period (Renaissance)
Hard to pinpoint specific dates. Earliest would be 1485 (end of War of the Roses), runs until 1660.
1660, Charles II resumes the throne after the English Civil War, Cromwell's victory, and the Interregnum.
Ruled from 21 April 1509 until 28 January 1547.
Married six times.
17 December 1538, Henry VIII was excommunicated by the Pope.
War of the Roses: the House of Lancaster (red) and the House of York (white).
Henry VII's victory at the Battle of Bosworth Field (1485), where Richard III died, begins the Tudor dynasty.
28 January 1547 -
6 July 1553
19 July 1553 - 17 November 1558
Mary I, aka: Bloody Mary
17 November 1558 -
24 March 1603
Great Chain of Being
Protean identity formation