Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Rhinovirus (Cons)
- sore throats
- ear infections,
- sinus infections
- bronchiolitis What is the Rhinovirus? * Causes the common cold CAUSES * Grows best at about 33-35°C (temperature in human nose) OTHER SYMPTOMS * Sore throat
- feels scratchy and dry
- can be a bacterial infection RHINOVIRUS Treatments Jenny Tran & Carmen Dang * Part of the picornaviridae family of viruses * species in the genus Enterovirus * Seasonal changes (most active in early fall, spring and summer
- colder weather makes lining of the nose more vulnerable
- During fall and winter, people stay indoors * Can live up to 3 hours on the skin or on objects * Clogged nose
(difficulty breathing through it) * Sneezing * Mild fever * Laryngitis
(inflammation of the larynx) MAJOR
SYMPTOMS * Mucus build up in your nose * Headaches
- pain or aching that occurs in the head, face, mouth or neck * Symptoms can last from 2-14 days * no treatments to kill the virus * There are ways to reduce the
- Drinking a lot of fluids
- Taking common cold medicine
- Gurgling warm salt water WASH YOUR HANDS • Using disinfectants Practice good hygiene • Limiting exposure to infected people * Coughing * Close contact * Sneezing * Inhaling drops of mucus full of cold viruses from the air THANK YOU FOR WATCHING ! STRUCTURE * Shape of the Rhinovirus
- icosahedron shape
- 20 equilateral triangles arranged in a circle to form the structure * Does not contain an envelope around the capsid (shell that contains four viral proteins VP1, VP2, VP3 and VP4.) * Genetic Material
- has a single stranded RNA molecule * Hydrophobic Binding Pocket
- aid in stability at the binding site for entrance into the host cell. FUN FACTS (CONS) SOCIAL IMPACTS * Limits interaction with others * Forces people to stay clean and healthy * Forces people to take care of themselves more